Views
Helpful
Replies

SS7- H323 Interconnet Solution

gopal_voip
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Networkers,

I intend to use the Cisco Solution to Interconnect my SS7/ITU C7 E1s carrying the International Traffic to a Cisco Box and than do H323/SIP - VoIP to send my International Calls to any ITSP.I have Little Idea that we can use the AS5400 with a PGW 2200.Is there any additional box I will need with AS5400 and PGW2200 or Is there any other working Solution.

Can anyone pls,help me or guide me on the way Forward.Pls,treat the matter urgent and respond.

Thanks in Anticipation.

7 Replies 7

umedryk
Level 5
Level 5

As far as I know, you cannot use the 5400 for this.

dragos.stroescu
Level 1
Level 1

Hello there,

If you have the PGW2200 software and the AS5400 YOU CAN make the connection between the SS7 network and H323.

You should configure the PGW software into "nailed" configuration in which, it translates the SS7 protocol to ISDN.

The ISDN is sent back to AS5400 over IP link and thus, you can use the call routing intelligence into AS5400 IOS and H323 stack to route the calls arrived on TDM (SS7) to VoIP (SIP or H323 supported by IOS).

We already have working solutions like this.

Good luck

Dragos

Dragos,

Thanks for the Response.I will further read through.I appreciate your response.

An AS5400 can work with PGW2200 in H323 network if configured in nailed, you require either an SLT to terminate the signaling link from the PSTN or you get an Integrated SLT IOS for AS5400 (but becareful about the firmware version of your AS5400).

This deployment is ascertain to work by Cisco.

Thanks Defash,

Could you Pls,let me have have an Idea of the Version of the Firmware and version of the MGC need to run on the PGW 2200.we use ITU-C7/Q767.I have spoken to some of the Resellers and they are not sure of the IOS/Firmware etc we would need to make this SS7 Interconnect work.and I dont want to spend Money on something which I cannt make use of..Thus,would appreciate If I can get the Idea of the IOS/Firmware and MGC Version Required.

Awaiting an Early Response.Thanks in Anticipation.

Gopal

Sorry for the late reply.

MGC 4.1 or 5.2, AS5400 with firmware prior to 4.0 (for integrated SLT),you can use c5400-is-mz.122-11.T11.bin IOS.

Sorry for the late reply.

MGC 9.4(1) or 9.5(2), AS5400 with firmware prior to 4.0 (for integrated SLT),you can use c5400-is-mz.122-11.T11.bin IOS.