cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

TCL or VXML Script for Time-of-Day (ToD) Call Routing?

pcantore
Level 1
Level 1

I have a fairy basic requirement to implemented an incoming dial-peer that will forward a call to a list of specific destinations (DNs) based on the time of day - e.g. follow the sun scenario for 3 destinations (1 local and 2 remote)!

Can anyone provide a sample TCL or VXML script that could do this based on ToD - ideally using on router's onboard clock!!!

Many thanks in advance... Phil.C

3 Replies 3

umedryk
Level 5
Level 5

You may not get the tailor made script for this. You can search web for a sample script, tweak some parameters to suite yor requirement.

phershaw
Level 1
Level 1

Phil,

Did you manage to find a sript for this ? I have a similar requirement.

Thanks

Phil

Hi,

Basicaly no - my research and everyone I spoke to in the know said yes it could be done BUT.....

no-one was actually prepared to share!!! Basically I made a work around by using a script in Cisco Unity Express (CUE). This supports DoW & ToD functionality, but at present requires manual changes for recurring dates as the date is year specific - not to much of a problem you just need to remember to change it each year (bit of a support issue I know).

Why do this? It is actually cheaper to buy an AIM-CUE and write the script (or butcher the AA which now has some TUI management) than to spend the time figuring out how to write this as a TCL script!

Hope this helps.... Phil

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: