Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 4.2 installation and media required

roy_fisher
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a HP DL380 G4 to use as our new Unity 4.2 server.

There was a failed upgrade attempt some months ago (4.0 > 4.2) and the media has been lost.

I have had no luck sourcing the required CDs from Cisco so am downloading CDs 1,2,3 & 12 from CCO.

I was under the impression Unity could be installed in the same way as our Callmanagers - via a powerquest disk image of the OS. However looking at the file sizes I do not think this will be the case.

Does anyone out there know of a Cisco part number for the media only kit ? (I think it is a 2 user demo version.) Which we can then license with TAC ?

Thanks,

Roy

2 Replies 2

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Roy,

Here is the info (with Part #);

Installing a Cisco Unity Demonstration System

A demonstration system is a fully functioning version of Cisco Unity that has the limits noted in the "Limits on a Cisco Unity Demonstration System" section. A demonstration system uses one of two different license files:

Default license file (available on the Cisco Unity server).

Time-limited license file (must be ordered from Cisco).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note Because a demonstration system is a fully functioning Cisco Unity system, installing a demonstration system requires the same level of care and attention to detail that is required of installing a system on a customer site. To successfully install a demonstration system, refer to the instructions in the Cisco Unity installation guide and in the integration guide for your phone system. Cisco TAC does not provide support for Cisco Unity demonstration systems. The Cisco Unity installation guide is available at http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/prod_installation_guides_list.html.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The software for a demonstration system can be ordered on line. The orderable demonstration system is the easiest way to get an entire set of the discs, including third-party software (except Windows 2000 Server). It is available at http://www.cisco.com/order/apollo/configureHome.html.

The part number is UNITY4-DEMO-10USR.

We strongly recommend that you install a demonstration system by using the software you receive when you purchase either the full version of Cisco Unity or the orderable demonstration system. Both include the versions of third-party products that Cisco Unity requires to function properly. Installations of demonstration systems frequently fail because the installer is using an unsupported version of third-party software.

From this good Unity 4.2 doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/42/release/notes/cu421rn.html#wp42815

Hope this helps!

Rob

Hi Rob,

In the end I found "UNITY-DVD-4.2" which I'm told includes the IPT o/s as well - however it is appearing a little illusive finding somewhere with it in stock !

Thanks,

Roy

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: