cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrading Cisco IP Phone 7960 from default firmware image to SIP

apcgabe
Level 1
Level 1

I am having some problems trying to upgrade the firmware version which is v. 3.2(2.14) to the lastest SIP version wich is version 7.1. I've folowed the directions exactly as specified in the upgrade matrix documentation but to no avail. i turned debugging on and the phones don't even try to load the image!, anyhelp would be MUCH appreciated, thank you.

-gm

5 Replies 5

Chester Rieman
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

ngss
Level 1
Level 1

Have you sucessfully upgrdade the sw?

Please describe what steps do you take, and where you get stuck, only then we can help you.

Thanks

SSng

Hi all

I had the same problem, I can't upgrade the 7960 to support SIP, I'm usiing the version 7.3 "P003-07-3-00".

so when the IPPhone contact the tftp server it request the cnf files but the names wich are in the request aren't as descrived in the upgrade guide, I try the rename files as requested but the operation still loop without any result!

the IPPhone is a 7960 with version 3.2(2.4) "P00303020204", I include the TFTP server logs

Thanks a lot

Regards

From your logs shows that the phone still looking for SCCP image.

What's the content of your OS79xx.txt?

It should be P003-07-3-00

Do you copy the SIPDefault.cnf to the TFTP server?

Have your change this file to indicate the fw version

ie. Image Versionimage_version: P0S3-07-3-00

However, I strongly suggest that you upgraded to v6.3 first, then to v7.3

Hope this helps

SSng

Dear

Thanks a lot, I have been upgrade the sip soft version but when the IP Phone start i get the UNDISCLOSED and i can access the config for modifying it (I can unlock using **#)i don't know if there is a procedure for recoverying this or any thing also like this

Thanks

Regards