Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Voip phone

Hi,

I would like to have 2 VOIP CISCO phones configured in my office. The phones should be integrated with the existing server. Kindly explain what hardware and software requirement does this entail. All suggestions and instructions are appreciated.

Regards 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

@IntegratedSolutions75672 wrote:

Do i need a PBX? 

If the phones ordered are loaded with 3PCC/MPP firmware, then you won't need a call-controller. All you'll need is a VoIP provider.  Please read Cisco IP Phone 8800 Series Multiplatform Phones User Guide.

Can these two phones configured as above setting through wireless? 

If the network is set up correctly, yes.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Either get a 7800 or a 8800 phone.
IMPORTANT: Make sure to specify the phone to be loaded with 3PCC firmware.

Appreciate the quick reply. I am new to networking. Kindly explain if more hardware or software is needed. Basically I need to configure two VOIP phones in the office on the same network which are to have extensions to each other. Also the phone should be able to make external phone calls. 

Do i need a PBX? Can these two phones configured as above setting through wireless? 

Do i need a PBX? 

If the phones ordered are loaded with 3PCC/MPP firmware, then you won't need a call-controller. All you'll need is a VoIP provider.  Please read Cisco IP Phone 8800 Series Multiplatform Phones User Guide.

Can these two phones configured as above setting through wireless? 

If the network is set up correctly, yes.

Thanks.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: