cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AA not answering main line

crfittech
Level 1
Level 1

The back story to this is that I recently took over network management for my church.  I do not have experience with Cisco UC500 systems.  I do have experience with Mitel and Hitachi PBXs, though.  The previous network administrator had a personal friend set up the original settings on the UC500, and when I asked to get the username and password, they could not provide a good one.  I tried all they gave me.  Also, I cannot find a good backup for the configuration, so I am afraid I cannot restore to a previous point in time.  After I reset the password using the procedures on the forums, I now cannot make changes to my AA, and cannot access the "voicemail' option under <telphony<users and extensions.  I was wanting to know if when I reset the system after defaulting the username and password, if it could have corrupted the database, and now causing problems with the AA and voicemail?  Please help. The main line works if pointed to a specific user extension, but will not if pointed to AA extension.  I did delete the old AA, and thought I could start new, but now cannot make changes to the AA screen in CCA to create a new one, and when we dial the prompt management number, it gives dead air.

17 Replies 17

Let me do this tomorrow.  It is getting late.

According to the config

interface Integrated-Service-Engine0/0 is shutdown

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Thank you all for the help.  I think I got it figured out.

I did try the settings you suggested, David, and it probably helped in the long run.

One thing I did try, also, was to delete CCA 3.1.1, and installed 2.2.6.  It seemed to accept the VMS and AA better, but did not like my NAT settings I had from 3.1.1.  It is something or another.  Well, I went into CLI and changed the settings of the NAT to match that of what I had in 3.1.1, and it shutdown the interface.  That is when I realized that because I did something in CLI on the VMS, or AA (integrated-services-engine), I probably shut it down without realizing it, and Mario you were right for noticing that.  I then issued the "no shutdown" command for both interfaces, and they both started working.  I am keeping the CCA at 2.2.6 because it seems to work better with the older iOS, and the system is out of warranty, and I cannot update the software pack at this time.