Views
Helpful
Replies

Alternative proxy spa5xx

iptuser55
Level 6
Level 6

Hi

I need to setup an alternative proxy in the spa5xx phones. Our phones are running 7.x version SW and I saw the alternative option on the web page of the phone but now can not locate it as it only shows the single proxy option. Is there an option I need to turn on to show the alternative options again?

thanks

6 Replies 6

Dan Lukes
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Our phones are running 7.x version SW

So unspecific.

Well, if you have a firmware that support Alternate Proxy, you should see it in "Proxy and Registration" section.

dan

i check but i sure the SW is correct also when I tested it i thought i had to add it add as

proxy  10.1.1.1.:p=1:w=1 | 10.1.1.2:p=2:w=50 but then when I was reviewing the  settings again I saw the other options

alternative proxy

Alternative outbound.... 

This made me think , I may have accidentally " turned off " this option 

"SW is correct" says nothing about the exact firmware version. Options can't be "hidden" within WWW UI (assuming you are administrator and you are looking into advanced settings), so if particular option is not shown here, then it's not supported by current version of firmware.

Dan

the SW version is 7.5.2

regards

Ancient version, somewhat ...

Well, I'm outdoor with no access to my lab. I don't remember exact relationship between particular features and particular firmware version. There may be no Alternate Proxy on 7.5.2, it's functionality may be replaced by DNS SRV method of backup. See Administrator Guide, search for Survivable Remote Site Telephony (SRST). Hope it help.

Well, I'm back - the option in question IS present on my phones. Tried on 7.5.5 and 7.5.6 firmware versions. So if it's not present on 7.5.2 you should consider upgrade. Be sure you are logged as admin and UI is switched to advanced mode.