cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Analog device to IP.

mtrixfroml
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, we have some old devices that we would like to connect over IP network.

We have tried using 2 SPA3102, and the connection was  successful(without using PBX software, just direct IP dialing) but,  these devices use some special frequency to control/comunicate(from 650  to 2500 hertz), and when i try to control, the signal seems to be  sent(not dtmf, these devices also have external power, tested with  analog phone), but the signal is slightly different from the signal that  is sent if you connect those devices  directly.

I tried to configure echo cancelation and so on and so forth but with no luck.

So  the question: are there any devices out there that can send signals  using these frequencies and are simple enough to configure?

7 Replies 7

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Which codec are you using?

Preferred Codec: G711a

EDIT: I tried using all of them, but as far as i know G711a is the one I need because it is uncompressed.

You can try a true cisco gateway like VG202, however if your devices are too sensitive to waveform issues, there is not guarantee they will work.

In my situation i can try any device(not too expensive ofcourse) as far as i find the solution

Oh an by the way, these devices do not have dialing feature, so i used hot line with dialplan, can this device do that?

If anyone has other alternatives, i would like to hear them

Direct dialing and hotline / trunking is no problem with Cisco IOS.

The VG202 is FXS, if you need FXO it gets much more expensive.

There is also a "transparent" codec that you might try.

No, i need FXS, that i am sure of.

What do you mean by transperent codec? Is that configured in VG202?

Yes. Transparent is a codec that doesn't apply G711 compounding, just linear DAC.