Views
Helpful
Replies

Australian Emergency Number - Dial-Plan Issue

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Cisco Team,

Yet again I am faced with an issue with the emergency number Dial-Plans, on a freshly built system that is used only for building Cisco UC's and Switches, and with a brand new install of CCA 3.1.1 we are again faced with the issue of not being able to dial international numbers without it dialing the emergency number "000".

In the past I would go in via CLI and remove one of the dial peers, in particular the "000" one and leave there the "0000" this would then allow us to make international calls, now this does not work anymore

The only way to allow for international calls to be made, which here in Australia with all carriers we must dial "0011" and then the FNN, is to shut down both Emergency Dial-Peers, which I must add if found out that I have done this if an emergency is to arise will get me in a world of trouble, and I mean a big world of trouble..

I have logged cases for this over the years, you fix it and then all of a sudden its back, then you fix it again and then its back... Guys do you know how damaging and just outright annoying this is?

This is not so much a problem if the client does not want to make international calls, it only becomes a problem when they ask for it or they need it from the get-go.

I don't have time to sit on the phone for 2-3 hours diagnosing this as this deployment is on a dead-line and the phone system and the accompanying switching fabric needs to be installed and going, so the only alternative to do a SBCS session on this issue is after hours and in my own personal time which I cannot claim hours on for work... So either way I look at it I will have to take a huge can of whoop A** and just suck it up

Yes I am whining and complaining and also ranting, but hey I am allowed to and you should listen and fix it

Cheers,

David,

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *
0 Replies 0