cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Back to Back SPA3102's and Hook Flash

derthdrake
Level 1
Level 1

Okay. I've got 2 SPA's. The "Home" SPA has its FXO port hooked to an analog line from our Toshiba CIX670 phone system (I know this system will do SIP, but it won't let you initiate a conference call from SIP). The "Remote" SPA has a Polycom SoundStation 2W hooked to its FXS port. I'm using the "Internet" port on both SPAs for network access.

So I used the instructions form this link:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/legacyfs/online/legacy/2/0/4/83402-spa_backtoback_2x_spa3000.pdf to setup my SPAs. Right now I can make calls with the Remote SPA and recieve calls on the Remote SPA. Hook Flash isn't working completely correctly though. When the SPAs are set to defaults and I pressed Flash, the phone would immediately go busy. Pressing Flash again would get me back to the same call.

So I did some googling and ran across a thread which made some suggestions on settings to change so I changed the following:

Both SPAs: Voice->Regional->Control Timer Values->Hook Flash Timer Min = .5 and Hook Flash Timer Max = .8

Remote SPA: Voice->Line 1->Audio Config->Hook Flash TX Method: AVT

Home SPA: Voice->PSTN Line->FXO Timer Values (Sec)->PSTN Hook Flash Len: .1

I experimented with these values. It appears it doesn't work at all with a PSTN Hook Flash Len of more than .1 . If my Hook Flash Timer Max is less than .7, it will cut off the first caller when I hit Flash.

Now when I try to conference this is what happens: Call the first person. Press Flash, I get a busy signal. Press Flash again, I get a dial tone. Call the next person. Press Flash. Get a busy signal. Press Flash and now the two calls are conferenced.

I tried the Soundstation 2W hooked directly to an analog port on our phone system and it is able to conference without any problems.

I've setup a syslog server and grabbed the logs for both the remote SPA and the home SPA. I've attached them. I made notes to roughly where I'm pressing flash at during the log and the results from pressing it.

I've got a couple of other issues with this, but right now the biggest issue is the hook flash is not working completely correctly (Caller ID doesn't work and I've got an odd dial tone).

Thanks for any help you can provide!

16 Replies 16

when pressing the Flash key during a call, instead of a dial tone I get a busy signal, and only by pressing Flash again do I get the dial tone.

That is the way the SPA3102 is designed.

As I said above to issue a flash hook to a call you have in progress on the attached analog line there is a setting on the PSTN Line Tab:

Line 1 Signal Hook Flash to PSTN: The possible settings are disable or double hook flash.

Double hook flash means with the phone attached to Line 1 (the FXS port) you have to hit the flash key 2 times.  Disable means the SPA3102 will not issue a hook flash to the analog line attached to the FXO port.

I just tested it and that is the way it works.

Dan Lukes
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Note that link from original question has been broken during CSC Jive -> Drupal framework transition. The correct link is spa_backtoback_2x_spa3000.pdf now.