cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

BUG - AA Silence

danplacek
Level 4
Level 4

I have a customer reporting a problem that I have not yet been able to verify. However he claims that he has had at least 10 people complain about this. (Within the last week)

Apparently if people choose an option on the AA *before* the message is done playing, all they get is silence, and they have to hang up.

If they wait till the message is done, it works fine. This is not consistent, it works sometimes, and others not.

Has anyone experienced something similar?

For cisco employees: No I have not opened a ticket yet, I am going to do some testing/verification first.

4 Replies 4

Hello Daniel,

Do any of your AA options allow directly or indirectly to transfer the call to an external number via SIP trunks?  On the Auto Attendant page on the Menu tab do you have 'Dial Extensions at any Time' set to 'on' (dark gray)?

Chris

No. There is only 3 options on the AA. 1 & 2 are direct to users. * goes to voicemail.

They are using POTS. No SIP is configured.

I believe dial by extension is off.

rakinonz1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there, a client of ours is also experiencing the silence both in a case when the AA forwards the call to a shared extension and also when a call is either manually or automatically forwarded to an external numner.

Has this issue seen any resolution?

Thanks.

Robin

Hi Robin,

Engineering has the bug open for investigation.  I believe they are targeting to fix it in the 2.2 release in 2012.

Chris