cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can backup proxy be set on SPA5xx from config file?

ted.llewellyn
Level 1
Level 1

We are using SPA5xx phones in a hosted product.  We'd like to set up a backup proxy with SRV settings, but we don't want to use DNS.  And, we don't want to have to type something like

MY_proxies:SRV=192.168.2.100:5060:p=1:w=50|192.168.2.22:5060:p=2:w=50

into the GUI of every phone.  Can we send a string like this in the config file the phone grabs from the provisioning server?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yes, you can use DNS SRV for the fall back.  There are two parameters to be set, 'use dns srv' and 'dns srv auto prefix'.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

nseto
Level 6
Level 6

You should be able to do that.

I checked the provisioning guide and the only special characters that need to be done differently for the xml provisioning file is the following.

enter special characters, use basic XML character escapes, as shown in

the following table.

Special Character      XML Escape Sequence

& (ampersand)            &

< (less than)                 <

> (greater than)            >

’ (apostrophe)              '

” (double quote)           "

We're not using a Cisco provisioning server.  I believe we may be using a text file before it's compiled, but I will have to dig into the Metaswitch docs to find out.  Thanks for the reply, though.

So, let's pursue a different idea.  Can we fall back to a backup server learned from DNS SRV records when the server learned from the downloaded configuration is not available?  I suspect there is a problem with this since the config does not include a priority parameter, but I thought I'd ask.

Yes, you can use DNS SRV for the fall back.  There are two parameters to be set, 'use dns srv' and 'dns srv auto prefix'.

Yes, we set those now.  This might work better than putting both addresses in DNS, as we need more flexibility on the primary address than the backup.  Thanks.

nice to find this post, this saves me a lot of time.

acoolme:Anybody Can Be Your Marketer