cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can't unlock phone! Customer Service won't help.

Nicole.Gray
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I bought a Cisco 303 phone from ebay. It came in, and I went to set it up. However, soon after I realized I was unable to activate it because the previous owner of this phone set a password on it. We have contacted the previous owner and have recieved no response. I tried to call customer service to see if they would help me factory reset it to the default settings-and they wouldn't help me because the phone is not under warranty. Is there anyone who can help me delete this password so we can reset this to the default settings and use the phone we just purchased?

Any and all advice would be appreciated.

1 Reply 1

mdobiac
Level 3
Level 3

Hello Nicole.Gray,

The issue here is the previous owner or his/her provider put an administrative password on the phone and unfortunately Cisco Support does not know those credentials to assist with the factory default of the unit.  

The previous owner would have to provide that information for you to factory default it, or the previous owner's service provider that may have provisioned the SPA303 will have to supply the previous owner of those credentials so he/she could provide them to you.

I hope this help.

Regards,

Michael D.