cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot connect to SPA112

rbair
Level 1
Level 1

I have a brand new SPA112 and haven't have any success connecting to it by any means other than the IVR.

After a factory reset, I see DHCP requests and replies on the network. I can ping the device for ~3 seconds. During that time I see a DNS request for a NTP server and a request/response to the NTP server. After that, I no longer see any signs of life from it on the network.

Failing there, I attempted to set a static IP address using the IVR. I use option 101, set the type to 1 (static) and hang-up per the docs. After several minutes, I dialed into the IVR again and attempted to set the static IP using option 111. The IVR responded that the option was invalid. I checked the connection type under option 100 and was told it was 0 (DHCP).

I've tried a bunch of combinations, but so far have not gotten anything to work. Any pointers?

2 Replies 2

rbair
Level 1
Level 1

I plugged the SPA into a separate VLAN with DHCP and Internet access and I was able to get into the web interface. I was hoping the logs would give me some answers, but they were empty.

I set a static IP address for the intended VLAN and reconfigured the port on the switch. Upon rebooting I was able to ping it on the configured IP for a few seconds before it stopped responding again. The IVR confirmed the address was static and that the IP, gateway, and subnet were correct.

No idea whats the cause. More information may (or may not) help to analyze it.

Turn on syslog&debug. Capture all packets sent&received by SPA112 - from power on to the point of failing ping (capture of all packets will capture even syslog&debug packets regardless the syslog server address configured).

It may disclose something important.