cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot connect to SPA8800 as per the outlined initial config guide

briangormley
Level 1
Level 1

We have just received a SP8800. I have unpacked it and powered it on. The documentation states that the Ethernet address is pre-configured and is 192.168.0.1/24. I have assigned my laptop with an address on this network and cannot connect to this IP address either via Ping and/or the outlined http://192.168.0.1/advanced url in my browser.

Looking further into the documentation, it states that the SPA8800 (if it detects an IP address conflict it will change over to the 192.168.1.0 network. I have also tried connecting to that IP (192.168.1.1) from the 192.168.1.0 network. Still no luck.

I think this is DOA, as it is simply not responding, yet all my LED's are on (Power, Status 2, 3, 4) Phone is N/A and Line is N/A. The LED on Status 1 is blinking intermittently. When I plug the Ethernet cable in the Ethernet LED comes up.

Do I have to configure this thing via a analogue phone?...... I will be trying this tomorrow, but wanted to know if anyone has had a similar issue and if they found a fix. I have followed the guides and manuals so I can only assume this is faulty.

1 Reply 1

briangormley
Level 1
Level 1

Okay……..all sorted. After finding an analogue handset and bringing it into the office I configured the SPA8800 via the IVR. This confirms that the SPA8800 did not come shipped preconfigured with 192.168.0.1 on the Ethernet interface as per the Getting Started Guide.......... A nice waste of time.

So if you have received a SPA8800 that you can’t connect to, just configure it with a analogue handset.

PS: I just love the IP address listed in the SPA8800 Quick start Guide Section 4, under TIPS. "Press these keys: 191*168*1*105".......... Clearly this document has gone through a thorough QA process.