cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

cant setup SPA942 outbound caller id

pangeanenergy
Level 1
Level 1

can someone please tell me how to configure the spa942 to show my outbound number when calling them....it shows the old number i had on it still. thx      

3 Replies 3

wwoodard
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Jim,

Thank you for supporting the Cisco Support Forum.

Assuming that you can log into the SPA942, configure the outbound number:

STEP 1 Log in to the web administration interface.

STEP 2 Click Admin Login and advanced.

STEP 3 Click the Ext tab.

STEP 4 Enter the subscriber information:

The display name is what will show up as the caller ID.

Please let me know if this helps.

Thank you for choosing Cisco.

Woody Woodard
Cisco Small Business US STAC Customer Support Engineer
CCNA, CCNA Wireless, Security+
1-866-606-1866 ext 601089
Monday - Friday 0930 - 1830 (UTC-05:00)

pangeanenergy
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Fred, thanks so much for responding. I spent a couple hours yesterday on the phone with Cisco and no one could help me. They tell me this phone is no longer supported by you folks and I should call my provider...I did, they say it's the phone. Lets assume I have no idea on how to do this....when I bought the phone from a company they had it programmed with a number before I paid for it. Can you tell me how to log in and what info is required to do so...or if it's possible at all?? I read somewhere that the username is admin and there is no password?? My provider suggested that I change it to the default settings and I did ...now I have no phone at all, no dial tone, nothing.

Thanks

Jim Mccann

Hello Jim,

I will do my best to assist you.

1. First thing you will need to do is find the ip address of the SPA.  Click the set-up button, it has a sheet of paper on it with the corner turned down.  Either scroll down to Network or press #9.  You should then see the Current IP address.

2. Open an Internet Explorer browser and type that ip address in the address bar, press enter.

3. You should be brought to a screen that is the Linksys Telephone Configuration.

4. In the upper right hand corner press the link for Admin Login.  Since you were able to factory reset the SPA it should not ask for a UserName and Password.

5. Press the advanced tab.

6. Go to the Ext 1 tab.

7. You will need to configure the Proxy and Registration information provided to you from your phone service provider. (Most service providers only need the IP address or the Proxy)

8. You will also need to configure the Subscriber Information. (This is where your original question is answered by configuring the Display Name.) (Most service providers need at least the User ID and the Password)

9. Before you Submit All Changes be sure the line is Enabled at the top under General.

I hope these steps help you.  Please let me know if I can assist you any further.

Woody Woodard

Cisco Small Business US STAC Customer Support Engineer

CCNA, CCNA Wireless, Security+

1-866-606-1866 ext 601089

Monday - Friday 0930 - 1830 (UTC-05:00)