Views
Helpful
Replies

Caps Letter on UC500 Flash Memory after Upgrading the Flash Memory

b_rasheed
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Folks,

I have done the upgrade from 128 MB and 256 MB to 4 GB many times but this time it was different, after I ran dir flash:

I see Caps letter on some folders and this will prevent the phones from getting the right files.

here is what I did:

1. format the new flash memory on the UC540

2. copied all the files from the old flash memroy to the PC, Paste the files and folders to the new flash memory, rebooted the UC540.

Any advice?

2 Replies 2

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi There,

Did you take the card out, connect it to the computer and it still showed caps?

I have had this happen a couple of times, I ended up having to create the directory within the IOS and then copy the files into that directory and then delete the incorrect ones in windows, for some reason unknown to me, when a directory is created in windows the IOS sees it as being in CAPS I don't know why and I also do not know why it does not happen all the time... A mystery to me it is.

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

Hi David,

Yes I did, inside my operating system Windows 7 I can see it correctly with lower case, but inside the router I see it caps letters.

I have another solution but it takes more time by using 7-Zip program then archive the entire flash on Windows as TAR then extract it inside the UC540, I got an excellent result but it's time consuming 

I want to save my time by using copy and paste through the card reader.

Thanks for sharing.

Rashed