Views
Helpful
Replies

CCA Configuration of E1 with 20 Channel problem

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi All,

I am in Australia and we can purchase PRI circuits in lots of 10 channels, for this particular system we purchased a 20 channel PRI, and during the telephony wizard setup it asked how many channels, told it 20 and it went on its merry way.

However today when doing the final sign-off testing, the first call would work and then subsequent calls would fail there after. After spending some time debugging, the problem smacked me in the face, CCA had programmed the system with the 16,20-31 configuration... Errrrr where on earth did it come up with this????

Ok so to remedy this I logged into CCA and changed it under the trunk settings to be 1-20... WooooHooooo!!!! Calls started to flow egress

But OH NO!!! I knew it was too good to be true, I decided to log into the system and check the configuration via CLI, and check on what configuration CCA actually put into the system.. Lo-and-Behold, the controller E1 config is no where to be found WTH??????????

OK so calls are flowing now, and I do not know how as the configuration is the same minus a couple of translation rule changes that CCA did (Used PSPad to check the difference between a backup version and the new one), it is working and I am going to leave it alone for now, but something tells me the system will break, with configuration removed from the system it has to and is bound to.

Has anyone else hit this problem??? Please say yes, I really do not want to think I am the only one to have

Is this a bug with CCA? Or is this on purpose and how are the calls actually working and the right time slots being chosen??

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *
2 Replies 2

Steven DiStefano
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I dont see this with T1.

Log a case?

Hi Steve,

No case logged on this yet, on this particular system I think I will manage the issue internally, partly due to the fact that the system is in production and 8 times out of 10, SBS ask for unrealistic things to be done which becomes disruptive to the operation of the system.

Either way CCA is being used but if I have to I will make CLI changes to keep the system operational and within CCA scope.

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *