Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 8961- for telework used by Small Business Issues

cyberadeptness1
Level 1
Level 1

Hello... 

I have a dilemma. I love CISCO phones, for I used them at most of my jobs, so now that I work from home 90% of the time I figure I should get one, so I did. I felt in love with the features offered by the CISCO 8961. The problem, no VoIP company supports it because is supposed to be an enterprise phone and it must be managed by Cisco Proprietary Software.  Granted, is one single phone... and I would love to make it work instead of returning it to the seller and buying some other brand.

Is there anything at all that I can do to make it work? I called CISCO technical support,  nothing. I was told to call Lynksis, nothing. Is frustrating in every sense. I know it requires a Unified Software Management tool, but I can't downloaded unless I have a contract and/or getter to work in a windows 7 laptop. 

Do I really have to give up and send it back to the vendor due to Cisco inability to support home based small businesses?  :(

2 Replies 2

Hi cyberadeptness1,

You will need Cisco Unified Communications Manager for you to utilize the features of the Cisco phone that you have. Please refer to the link for more information http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/unified-communications/unified-communications-manager-express/index.html.

You will also need additional device such as Cisco ISR to deploy this solution.

If you have additional questions or inquiry, please feel free to email me (alyreyes@cisco.com) for further assistance.

Regards,

Alyza Reyes

Hi!

Has this issue been resolved already? Were you able to use the Cisco phone that you have? Please let me know if you need additional information.

Kind regards.