cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco CCA compliant command line code

jforbis
Level 1
Level 1

I thought I remembered that there was some command line operations that were CCA 3.x compliant. Does anyone have a link to this info?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Jforbis,

You can read THIS thread which also has a link to the PDF document there for the OOB guide lines.

However I will point out the following:

• If you are not UC Express certified, you will put your system out of support scope and "MAY" make your support contract invalid
  • The OOB guide is quite old now and has not been updated as Cisco are pushing partners to full CCA support with the UC-500's which is a fair call, so applying some of the guides may still break CCA as many things have changed since this document was created

Before you commit yourself to CLI modifications please check with this forum first to make sure that we cannot achieve what you want using CCA, in theory CCA should be able to do 90-95% of yoru configuration with ease.

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Jforbis,

You can read THIS thread which also has a link to the PDF document there for the OOB guide lines.

However I will point out the following:

• If you are not UC Express certified, you will put your system out of support scope and "MAY" make your support contract invalid
  • The OOB guide is quite old now and has not been updated as Cisco are pushing partners to full CCA support with the UC-500's which is a fair call, so applying some of the guides may still break CCA as many things have changed since this document was created

Before you commit yourself to CLI modifications please check with this forum first to make sure that we cannot achieve what you want using CCA, in theory CCA should be able to do 90-95% of yoru configuration with ease.

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

David... Thank you for the help. You are a great resource for this forum. I appreciate it.

One thing I am looking for is a way to change the phone of a user without deleting and recreating the user. Lets say I have a user with CIPC and they will be getting a 7945. Is there an easy way to accomplish this thru CCA?

Hi

In theory yes you can, so long as the following conditions are meet:

1. Phone "A" is no longer registered to the system I.E not plugged in and talking to the system

2. Phone "B" is also not currently registered and belonging to any other ephone (not a DN)

So assuming phone "B" is a new phone, you will go to phone "A" details in CCA' and right at the top you will input in the new MAC address of the new phone ("B"), then change the phone type and appropriate codec for it.

I have done this on more than one ocassion although I have been told you are not suppoosed to be able too, but the above conditions must be meet

Hope this helps you out.

Cheers,

David.