cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco IPSEC VPN Speed UC540 to RV180W

David Emswiler
Level 1
Level 1

I have a main office utilizing a UC540 for VOIP and routing that is connected through an IPSEC VPN tunnel to an RV180W at another office. We have both data and voice traffic traversing the tunnel. The speed on the remote end is rediculously slow. I ran a test using Iperf and found that I was only getting 1.5Mbps through the tunnel. When I run and internet speed test on each end I get 80M down and 16M up. I tweaked the MTU settings on both ends and set them to 1333 and the Iperf test improved to 2.8. With the internet connection speed I have, shouldn't I be getting at least 10M through the tunnel?

I attached a sanitized config of the UC540 and a screen shot of the VPN section of the RV180W.

I have a main office utilizing a UC540 for VOIP and routing that is connected through an IPSEC VPN tunnel to an RV180W at another office. We have both data and voice traffic traversing the tunnel. The speed on the remote end is rediculously slow. I ran a test using Iperf and found that I was only getting 1.5Mbps through the tunnel. When I run and internet speed test on each end I get 80M down and 16M up. I tweaked the MTU settings on both ends and set them to 1333 and the Iperf test improved to 2.8. With the internet connection speed I have, shouldn't I be getting at least 10M through the tunnel?

I attached a sanitized config of the UC540 and a screen shot of the VPN section of the RV180W.

0 Replies 0