Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco SPA112

Cutitout39
Level 1
Level 1

Hi There

Hope you can help. I have the above system for our small business. We are in the building industry and we find a lot of clients hang up before leaving a message as they want a response there and then. Often I just miss the call or it diverts to my mobile. When it diverts to my mobile it just shows the office number. So when I get to the office I go through the missed calls index on the handset to see what numbers called and I like to call them back to apologise for missing their call and see if we can help them. The problem with this is when I look at the time and date they called on the handset the date and time is way out. The date and time on our phone system is programmed correctly and the screen shows the right date and time it's just when the calls are received it seems to be totally wrong. This makes it hard and a little unprofessional when I'm calling people back not really knowing when they called. 

Can anyone help me in trying to fix this in my system?

Regards

Kris

9 Replies 9

Dan Lukes
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

SPA112 have no display.

So where you are looking for (date&time of) missed call ?

sorry for the delayed response. I'm looking on my phone handset. I go the to the missed call menu.

Verify date&time on SPA112. If it is correct then it is handset issue - the date&time is properly delivered to handset, but improperly stored or displayed by them then.

Consult handset manual or ask for support. It may be caused by a timezone configuration on handset.

Thanks but how do I verify the date & time on the SPA112? Im pretty sure my handset is correct as it displays date and time full time and it's correct.

SPA112 is part of your's phone system and you claimed "The date and time on our phone system is programmed correctly".

Did you tried to open the phone's configuration interface ? If not, I did it for you:

but it doesn't reveal time zone, so better:

Thanks for your help with this but my phone system did not come with the Cisco SPA112. It's a Uniden system. My last hand held phone system had the same issue which leads me to believe its the cisco SPA112 issue.

If there is no SPA112 in your system at all I wish the SPA112 is causing no issue ;-)

Hi Kris,

You asked, "how do I verify the date & time on the SPA112?"

Dan posted a good reply to this, but your response suggests you didn't understand it.

You need to use a web browser on a PC on the same LAN as your SPA112.  You can connect to the web interface the SPA112 presents to your web browser and from there, it's easy.  What you enter into your browser is:

http://spa-address/

To find out the current address of your SPA112 ("spa-address" above), use a telephone handset connected to it.  Dial "****", then slowly dial "110#" and listen to the response.

You can also set up your SPA112 to pick up the time automatially over the internet, but the first step is still connecting your web browser to it.

Hope this helps.

Thanks so much for that,

I didn't really understand, I knew what he was talking about but didn't know how to get in. Anyway I got my IT guy onto it and he found the way in and fixed it for me.

Thanks again.