cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco SPA232D "Internet Settings" loses Static IP configiuratoin & "Time Settings" on Reboot

gdicicco
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I was wondering if anyone had experienced the Cisco SPA232D losing it's 'Internet Settings' on reboot. I set the "Connection Type" = "Static IP" and on reboot the ATA reverts back to DHCP. 

The Time Settings are also lost and revert back to "0.ciscosb.pool.ntp.org"

Note that all the line settings are retained, it just seems to be the "Network Setup" settings that are lost

5 Replies 5

Dan Lukes
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Firmware version ?

it occurred on the originally installed firmware 1.3.0  so I upgraded to the latest 1.3.5_XU and it behaves in exactly the same way.

Configuration of provisioning ? (If there's a provisioning configured, then configuration will be overwritten on next reboot)

Turn on syslog&debug (highest level) and catch them. They should reveal more.

Note the _XU flavor of firmware lack some features (mostly related to encryption).

Dan, Thanks for your response.

Seems very strange for me, I have set the "Provision Enable" = 'No' and the ATA still loses the "Network Setup" parameters on reboot/power loss.

Note that all the other settings are preserved. i.e. all the "voice" settings are preserved.  

I tried to repeat it on my lab, but I'm unable to switch SPA232D from DHCP to static at all.

Whenever I will change configuration, the phone will lost their network connection (despite the static configuration is correct - I verified it over IVR as well as by inspection of CDP packets). Even power-cycle doesn't survive the phone. The device is just not sending a packet out with the exception of CDP. It even doesn't respond to ARP requests.

All I can do is - switch the device back to DHCP via IVR.

So I'm affected by other issue which block my attempt to help you.

What's now ?

Turn on syslog&debug (highest level) and catch them. They may reveal more about your issue.

Or call Cisco SMB support - you need not service contract for it as long as the device is still under warranty. But don't put so much hope on it - my experience with SMB support is not so good.