Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco SPA502 G - DHCP & Call problem

skhrebtishchev
Level 1
Level 1

Good day.

I have many cisco spa 502G phone in my network which working correctly. But one phone doesn't working via DHCP. If I using static IP, I can ping phone, or login in on web-interface, but when i was trying upgrade firmware through Firmware Updater, I see error - upgrade failed, No Response From Spa. Phone firmware version is 7.4.3a .

End the most important problem is that phone can't work correctly with my asterisk-server. If i receive call from anybody, i can do this only system keys nearly phone-screen. I can't call from this telephone ((

Please, community help, and sorry for my english

3 Replies 3

noctradeit
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Sergey,

To wich firmware do you want to upgrade? For some firmwares you have to do this in steps, you can not go directly to 7.5.4 form the frimware that you are using.

When you put the phone back to DHCP can it be that the phone tries to get an ip adres that is allready in use. Chek the DHCP pool etc to check the leases. At our office some phones say that they are initializing network for a long time and when we check the problem is that the phone wants to get an ip adres that is allready in use.

You can check your other phones web ui to see if an duplicated ip adres is causing the problem that you can not use the phone with DHCP.

Kind Regards

Richard

YOGESH GAIKWAD
Level 1
Level 1

SPA 502g takes the ip of data vlan but dosent take the ip of voice vlan,

if we assign ip manually it works properly.

Please create independent thread for independent issue. And provide details related to your issue in such new thread. For example the network topology between the device and the DHCP server. Also, catch the DHCP request and response. It's so hard to give you an usefull advice with almost no information ...