Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco SPA504G Distinctive Rings

Good day

I have a Client using 3CX PBX system with Cisco SPA504G phones installed. They would like to have distinct rings for internal and external calls setup on all phones. Please can you provide me with any guideline doing so

Regards

6 Replies 6

Dan Lukes
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Read SPA514g Ringtones. It apply to SPA504G as well.

Thanks Dan Luke, but this does not work with the latest 3CX version. There is a way to edit it in the phone's xml ring settings but i dont know how it is done

May be I missed the goal, but it will not help. Incoming INVITE either specify which one distinctive ring should be used to announce particular incoming call, or the default ring will be used.

You can configure various rings on phone but phone have no logic that select particular ring for particular call. It's sovereignty of SIP server to inform phone which ring should be used.

Unless 3CX can request particular distinctive ring using standard RFC3261 Alert-Info header you are out of luck.

I'm expecting the 3CX supports this standard feature. You need just to know how to configure it properly and which ring names are used in Alert-Info header of 3CX's invite then (so you can configure rings with same names on phone).

Dan, thank you. I had someone taken care of the issue.

Regards

The only issue now is to factory reset all 20 phones remotely (via website) just upload latest firmware on all phones

Responded in other thread you created.