cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CISCO SPA5XX Speed Dial with Asterisk: Not working?

ncixbrian
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

So my asterisk has a phonebook.

I press *0 then followed by SD # on softphone, no problem. SD # is 95 for example.

But when I do that on my SPA phones, *0SD, not working. "the speed dial entry you have accessed is empty".

How do I link Asterisk with SPA phone using interface? I was thinking of writting this on either directory or Speed dial of cisco IP phone:

fnc=sd;sub=*095@$PROXY;nme=SD1

What is the difference between a personal directory and speed dial in cisco IP phone?

17 Replies 17

thanks!

Hey Master Lukes, 

In asterisk, there is a feature code *1 for call recording on demand.

Whenever I use the cisco IP phone and type *1 during the connected call, everything works.

However, I am thinking to put a softkey function on the connected key list as "record" 

psk: fnc=sd;ext=*1@$PROXY;nme=Record

But it fails.

Asterisk log shows: [2015-04-01 11:37:29] NOTICE[11228] res_pjsip_session.c: Call from '102' (UDP:192.168.1.227:5060) to extension '*1' rejected because extension not found in context 'from-internal'

If you type *1 during the connected call, the DTMF tones are fired. They are recognized as feature request in the context of current call and processed accordingly.

The softkey you described will put current call on hold and start brand new call to the specified number (*1). It's very different action thus different result.

There's no way to configure neither PSK nor line key to play DTMF into already connected call.