cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Communicator TFTP Timeout & Trust List

kleven.leif
Level 1
Level 1

I am unable to get IP Communicator to register on my UC520. My guess is there is a problem with the routing somewhere, but have not been able to resolve the issue.  So I'm turning to the community for help.

Network is set up as follows:  modem --> router (192.168.1.1) --> UC520 (192.168.1.106 & default VLANs).  Only the phones are connected directly to the UC; all other devices are connected directly to router.

When trying to configure Communicator two messages continue to show up:  TFTP Timout : SEP.....cnf.xml; and No Trust List Installed.  In CCA, the Communicator phone shows up with the MAC address and IP address (192.168.1.120).  Yet it will never register. 

My best guess is that Communicator is not able to find a route to 10.1.1.1 or 10.1.10.2.  I have a static route set up so that 10.1.1.1 goes to 192.168.1.106 (the IP address the router is giving the UC520).  Pinging 10.1.10.2 from the computer results in a time out. 

Software Pack Version: 8.6.1

IOS:  15.1(4)M5, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)

CME: 8.6

CUE: 8.6.5

2 Replies 2

kleven.leif
Level 1
Level 1

After two weeks of tinkering with this, I finally have it resolved.  Here's how:

First, the routing was all figured out so that I could ping 10.1.10.1.  This involved the creation of a new VLAN and fixing some other site-specific network routing.

Even though I could ping and access the UC520, Communicator would still give the same error messages.  I had read other forums where different language packs were assigned and this was creating errors when registering.  So I started looking at what language packs the phone was looking for.  Eventually, I stumbled upon some security certificates (located in \program files\cisco systems\cisco IP Communicator\CDP).  After installing these certificates, the phone registered without issue.

Lesson learned:  check the install!

Seems to me all that has happened because your system had phone security installed, that is of high maintenance but dubious benefits.

Without it, everything is a lot easier.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: