cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Configure line buttons to autodial feature codes ?

jowan.mcruz
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Is there a way for Linksys IP 9xx, 5xx,3xx series, to configure its line buttons to auto dial feature codes ?

Example scenario:

Call park code = *2700# will park the current call.

So during conversation, instead of user dialling *2700# to park a call, set one of the line buttons, so that when that button get pressed, it will auto dial the code and park the call.

had a look on:

http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/SPA-962

Unit 1 Key 4: fnc=sd;sub=98005551212;nme=AT&T Directory Assist

> but this line doesnt work ? even if it does work, i think this line will make the phone to actually send an INVITE to that number, when what we're after is for the phone to relay the code to the call server.

Any thoughts ? Is this feasible ?

Thanks for your help.

Jowan

6 Replies 6

nseto
Level 6
Level 6

You should be able to transfer to that call park, try sub=*2700#@ipaddressofproxy

If the log file doesn't show it dialing that when pressing that softkey, you may have to add the digit stream info to the dial plan.

Thanks for the response.

Tried below:

fnc=sd;sub=*2700#@

>>using the above, during the call, it transferred the call to the number above

sub=*2700#@

>> using this, button seem to get disabled, and pressing the button, dont see anything from the phone(using wireshark)

same with below

fnc=;sub=*2700#@

If the log file doesn't show it dialing that when pressing that softkey, you may have to add the digit stream info to the dial plan

>> if a line button got disabled ie no indicator light, no label on the line, does that mean that when the button get pressed, there wont be any form of activity on the phone ?

you may have to add the digit stream info to the dial plan

>>ahm wud u give me an example on how this may look like ?

Thanks again

From your description, it's working as designed.

You need the fnc=sd, this means function is speed dial to the sub.  When you had no fnc=sd, this functionality is removed.

From your description, it's working as designed

>> so fnc=sd, is not the one im after yes ?

so what is ? as i dont want it to call the number, i want the phone to relay the code to the call server, for the call server to do the feature.

Not quite sure if I understand but if you mean that you don't want the star code handled by the phone but want it handled by the proxy, you'll need to remove the matching star code in the Vertical Service Activation Codes and then if you want the proxy to receive it and the phone to have a 2nd dial tone after entering the star code then you will need to enter that star code in the Feature Dial Services Code.  If you want to enter star code and not have the 2nd dial tone, then just have the star code in the dial plan.  This information is given in the admin guide.  You'll want to download that from cisco.com for all the details.

Hi,

What we are trying to do is to have the softkey mimic manually pressing the DTMF digits * 2 7 0 0 #  during a call.

Is there a way to have the softkey inject the digits *2700# into the RTP stream of the already running call?

Arun