Views
Helpful
Replies

Configuring SPA 504G for BT Cloud Phone

richard
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have 2 SPA 504G hand-sets that I want to use with BT Cloud Phone but because I didn't buy them from BT they are refusing to give me the configuration details.  I have trawled through various documents and inputted a configuration but I'm getting a "failed - 403" message on registration.

Can anyone help please?

5 Replies 5

Dan Lukes
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

For registration you need proxy address, name and password. Unfortunately, no one but BT can tell you name and password. So if they reject to provide you configuration details you are out of luck. In the fact they reject you to become customer. Consider other provider.   

I already have the desktop softphone installed on PC which works fine and am using the same name and password in the config details which must surely be correct.  What proxy server should I be using? at present I have -  uk.ic.hnt.hipcom.co.uk:5060

Use the same as you configured in softphone.

If it will not work, then capture a REGISTER packet from softphone (and reply) and RGISTER packet from SPA phone (and reply). We will compare them - I wish it will reveal the difference, thus we will know what we need to change in configuration.

Hi Dan, I am not technical and have no idea how to Capture a Packet.

Well, it's not so complex, but it require basic network skills and you need understand the network topology.

Ask yours local network administrator (a person you call when you have issues with local network) for help.