cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

cp8961 & fritzbox7590

emiliosur6942
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all, i'm new in voip and cisco world. my friend present me a cp8961 and i want to configure it to work with my fritzobx 7590, but no way to solve it. I try to download tftp32 for dhcp and tftp server..but for sure i mistake something. I download the last firmare cmterm-8961.9-4-2SR4-1.k3.cop, could someone help me with the right sep.xml file to fill and the procedure to flash it in the phone? i'm a real noob in this, hope in ur help to learn and to realize the connection. if there's a guide step by step will be great. tnx all :)

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

the only sep.cnf i'm able to load in the phone. But verifyin there's more than one error, von is not configured( i don't use vpn) (how can i delete this part in xml?) dns fritz.box is time out and jar that could be ignored. I attach my personal conf could someone that a look? In name ed auth i've to insert dates added in fritzbox or directly that one provided by my provider?

View solution in original post

38 Replies 38

emiliosur6942
Level 1
Level 1

for sure I mistake something in tftp server... in status message always tftp server timeout..:( 

It means the phone can't reach the TFTP server. The IP address could be wrong or there is a FW block.

there's any specific procedure for this phone? i've to restart with any key pressed? or just try to insert with powered phone?

DHCP Option 150;
TFTP server;
SEPmacaddress.cnf.xml file;
Dial plan file; and
Firmware of the phone

ty ty now i see...:) in win could u suggest any software to be able to create dhcp option 150? in add in cp8961 to load the new firmware what's the procedure? or once put the right settings in dhcp end tftp server just reboot and phone do by itself?

Solve in setting tftp server and dhcp server with option 150.

In file the loglist with error presented by the software.

I'm not sure about the way to update the firmware after unplagged the cord i reboot phone with # after first 2 led i pres 123456789*0# but dont think phone is loading firmware.

waIting for ur help and really really tnx a lot more than 1kkkkk to all comunity:)

more i attach the xml file with my info, is it fill correctly? and a dial plan file working for my purpose? ty ty

@emiliosur6942 wrote:

<transportLayerProtocol>4</transportLayerProtocol>

"4" is invalid.  

1 = TCP

2 = UDP

3 = TLS

i try soon hope that's the problem:)

<loadInformation>sip8961.9-4-2SR4-1</loadInformation>

is this correct? is there any working example obv with id and pass masked?

omg omg trying and trying again... i miss to insert diaplan file:):) where to find a correct one? any istructions to fill correctly?

<DIALTEMPLATE>
<TEMPLATE MATCH=”*” Timeout=”5″ User=”Phone” />
</DIALTEMPLATE>

no way...trying and agsain..:( not able to fill well. i tryed to downgrade firmware to be sure that tftp server works but no way to do.

What  could i do? Anyone when will have free time could help me by remote teamviewer or any different soft?

dhcp ser