cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Custom ringtone in SIP Alert-Info header

Matt Jones
Level 1
Level 1

I uploaded a ringtone (wav file) as the User 1 ringtone on SPA508G, and named it Custom-1. Under the ringtone menu, I can see Custom-1 and play it fine. Also, if I assign it to an extension from the phone menu and then call that extension, the phone rings with the Custom-1 ringtone as expected as well.

The problem I'm having is with the INVITE with alert-Info header. If I specify one of the factory ringtones in the Alert-Info header (e.g. Office or Du-dut), the phone plays (rings) that specified ringtone successfully. However, if I set Alert-Info to Custom-1, the phone plays the default ringtone, not the Custom-1 ringtone. Any ideas?

Thanks.

3 Replies 3

Dan Lukes
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Unfortunately, it seems not to be possible yet. Read Specify custom ringtone based on alert info

Thanks Dan. I will request that feature again.

BSN
Level 1
Level 1

A workaround to this could be :

1. Upload user ringtone 1 and 2 (using a USB key or http://<spa_ip>/ringtoneX?...) ;

2. Modify one of the 1-10 default ringtones with w=file://path_to_user_ringtone.mp3.

Then we could use it into the SIP header.

Unfortunately, I tried a lot of things but I did not manage to find correct path to the uploaded ringtone file.

If one knows...

Thank you !