cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Does UC540 support both english & japanese languages on phones?

tracy
Level 1
Level 1

I have a client with a UC540 with 20 7945g phones, running the latest software (brand new installation). Of these 20 phones, I want 3 to be in the Japanese language. I have stumbled upon an old document on how to do this, but it is out-dated enough to cause me concern in attempting this. For one thing, they don't list the 7945 as being supported, although I did find and download a tar file with the 7945 locale information for Japanese. Apparently I need to do phone-specific config files, but I cannot find anything saying this is support for the UC540 and 7945 running the latest software. Has anyone tried this?

thanks!

tracy

1 Reply 1

Steven DiStefano
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

With the latest SWP 8.1.0 on UC540, you can install up to  6 locales (these are the ZIP files you found) using CCA 3.0 Maintenance drawer, SW Upgrade: UC500 utility, which allows the locale update.

I did one today for Italian.

You can have one Active and one alternate language defined at any time, but all the phones use the ACTIVE one configured using Configure Drawer: telephony> System> Region

While we are on a path to support phone specific locales (some english, some spanish, etc...) we dont support this today.