Views
Helpful
Replies

Failed to import Jabber users by using BE3000_install_8_6_4 spreadsheet

billymobilizer
Level 1
Level 1

Hi 

I'm trying to add about 50 x Cisco Jabber phones  by using Cisco BE3000-utilss_8_6_4.xml which I used adding Cisco 8941 phones on BE3K. On "phone" tab of the spreadsheet,  I put in the following information for one of the Jabber client users :

Device name: test

Description:  test

Phone Type : Cisco Unified Services Client

Extension: 600

Then on BE3K, I go to Users/Phones->Phones->import Users/Phones, select the "Cisco BE3000-utilss_8_6_4.xml" file ,  a error message windows prompted up with "0 users and 0 phones were successfully inserted".   I also tried change the  "Device name" to "Phone name" in  Cisco BE3000-utilss_8_6_4.xml but also failed.  I have no problem to manually add a jabber phone but I don't want to repeat this 50 times

Anyone managed to import Jabber phones by using Cisco BE3000-utilss_8_6_4.xml ?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

kanramal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

hi,

please try with the following inputs

Phone Type : Cisco Unified Client Services Framework

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

kanramal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

hi,

please try with the following inputs

Phone Type : Cisco Unified Client Services Framework

Thanks, Kan.    I also worked it out by exporting BE3K configure to USB flash Drive.  And found this odd phone type "Cisco Unified Client Services Framework"  from phone.csv file.

Can yout let me know where did you find this information  ?  I spent more than one hour yesterday going throught  all BE3K documents I have but couldn't find the answer anywhere. From the phone type drop down list  in  BE3000_install_8_6_4 spreadsheet.xml, I can only see "Cisco Unified Services Client" instead of "Cisco Unified Client Services Framework". 

Just one hour

I dont believe that there is ANY documentation for the spreadhseet - big oversight considering it is basically 'Step one'

I also found that it doesnt allow you to import the 'Called number' for each line number - ie they are all blank and will default to the PRI default prime number...

One hour doesn't sound a lot.  But when Cisco  advertised that the whole deployment of BE3K only takes 2 hours , that means a lot , correct ?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: