cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

FCC's STIR/SHAKEN CID Authentication Breaks SPA8000 Inbound CLID

Colt
Level 1
Level 1

I have a SPA8000 that has been in service to provide analog loop start lines to a PBX for many years. I recently changed SIP providers, and the new provider inserts the following "verification" into various SIP headers conveying caller ID (CNAM):

[V]

The insertion is made at the begining of the CNAM, and the the existing CNAM is truncated as necessary to maintain the 15 character limit.

When the verification is inserted, the SPA8000 passes only the opening bracket and letter V -- [V -- and provides nothing more for the CNAM. Although it does appear to pass the calling TN (CLID), it does not pass the time/date of the call.

When the verification is not inserted (for an unverified call), the Caller ID passes from the FXS port perfectly fine.

Can anyone verify that this is in fact an issue with the SPA8000, and/or provide any insight as to what is happening, why it is happening, what can be done.

I understand that the SPA8000 has all but ran its course, but I need it for at least a couple more months. The lack of caller ID, however, is a real problem.

Although I have no way to search the bug files for clues about what may be failing in the ATA, I noticed that the (final?) v.6.1.11 firmware update "Fixed an issue to support special characters in the Display Name. (CSCtr15943)" Because the Display Name field is "outbound calling name" this makes me very suspicious that there may be a special character issue with the Linksys/Cisco implementaion/transmission of the FSK analog signal. Whether the SPA8000 is only capable of signalling 0-9,*, and A-D, and just "stops" when it hits the closing bracket --> ].

Even if nobody has experienced this exact issue, it would also be very helpful if anybody just knows whether the SPA8000 analog signal generation for Calling Name is not capable of special characters, or even the closing bracket in particular.

For clarity, here are examples of SIP headers that work, followed by "veridied" SIP headers (same Caller):

CALLING NAME, CALLING NUMBER, DATE/TIME all pass through FXS:

From: "A.B.CDEFGH,INC." <sip:+15551231234@fl.gg>;tag=gK0016c32d

P-Asserted-Identity: "A.B.CDEFGH," <sip:+15551231234;verstat=No-TN-Validation@fl.gg>

... and the Calling Party is presented as --> A.B.CDEFGH,INC.

CALLING NAME, DATE/TIME do not pass through FXS:

From: "[V]A.B.CDEFGH,I" <sip:+15551231234@fl.gg>;tag=gK085e13dd

P-Asserted-Identity: "[V]A.B.CDEFGH,I" <sip:+15551231234;verstat=TN-Validation-Passed@fl.gg>

P-Attestation-Indicator: A

... and the Calling Party is presented as --> [V

0 Replies 0