cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to schedule reboot the SPA525G2

gordon.li
Level 1
Level 1

I need setup the cisco SPA525G2 and SPA504G to daily reboot ,   is there a way I can setup in web management UI?

I can use ip/admin/reboot to reboot it but it requires username/password and I dont want to clear the password.

3 Replies 3

matthewkhil
Level 1
Level 1

You could try the following:

1. Under the provisioning tab Enable provisioning and set the Resync At (HHmm):  option

2. Script any minor change that requires a phone reboot to the spaconfig.xml file on the provisioning server

3. Configure Windows task scheduler or Linux Cron to run the script before the nightly resync time so that the phone will need to apply the change and reboot.

The phones will then apply the change and reboot at the specified time.

thank you , it would be a solution for single phone , but I have 100+ ,  it will be terrible to save 100+ xml file on server and script to change them everyday.

Any of method suggested by matthewkhil should trigger a reboot. Don't save XML files if you dislike such particular method and select the other one (e.g. [1]).

Note that matthewkhil didn't mentioned URL (http://.../admin/reboot) and SIP NOTIFY (Event=>restart_now) methods.