cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Hunt Group Active Call Ring

donald.janke
Level 1
Level 1

I have my phones on a hunt group, it seems if your on an active call the station will not ring for a new incoming call. It only displays the call and the red light on top flashes.  Shoudn't the phone ring even if you on an active call?  Here is a senario, users are in different rooms but all part of a the same hunt group, an active user would only know there was an incoming call if he was looking at his phone.  If they had a headset and busy working on his computer, not looking at his phone, the call would be missed if no one else was montioning the other stations.  I really thing the phones should ring even if you are on an active call.

10 Replies 10

Hi Donald,

One option is to enable the Call Waiting tone.  We disabled this by default based upon feedback from our customer base.  You can enable by installing the PMF found here.  If you aren't in the US/Canada let us know which country and we can build a country specific PMF for you.

Hope this helps.

Chris

So this needs to be downloaded and installed?  Are their any plans to enable something besides this?

I have installed this but it does not seem to be working.  Is there a special way to activate it?  I restarted the unit after applying.  If a user is on a call on one line and a call comes in on a second line you do not hear a call waiting tone. This leaves a user with no way of telling there is an incoming call unless they see it on the display or they hear one of the other phones in the hunt group ringing.

Hi Donald,

When you say a call comes in on a second line, do you mean on another line button or a second call comes in on the extension on which you are talking?

Thanks,

Chris

Hi Chris,

I currently have 3 fxo lines setup on a hunt group. Each phone has one extension, if a user is on a call and in new incoming call comes in their extention button will flash as well as the large red indicator on the top of the phone, but no call waiting tone.  The phones not on an active call will ring.

Is this a bug in the call waiting feature?

Donald,

You should be hearing a call waiting tone with the PMF installed and the configuration APPLYed, when there is a second call coming in.  Can you please put a call into the SBCS, reference this post, and let them know you have the Call Waiting Ringtone PMF installed?

SBCS contact info:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/support/tsd_cisco_small_business_support_center_contacts.html

Thanks,

Chris

I don't have any tone.

Chris,

SBCS accessed the device, and now it is working.  Thank you!

Don

Excellent news!  Glad to hear it is now working.

Chris