cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Inbound caller id with name not showing on SPA504G and UC540

stacy.thompson
Level 3
Level 3

We have a UC540 on a Cbeyond SIP circuit. On all of our UC520's and Cbeyond SIP installs, the inbound call displays the caller id number AND company name ( if available).  The 504 handset only shows the caller id phone number.

I am not sure if it's the small screen of the 504?  or a setting we need to adjust in the UC540 configs?

I imagine it's a simple thing to address, but I'm not sure what to do to fix this. Please advise.

Thank you,

Stacy

18 Replies 18

No response yet.  I don't think the decision will be made in the next few weeks either.  It will take longer to get it implemented.

From what I have read, I think it will work in a similar fashion, I would recommend testing this and the caller id just to make sure that this is in fact, possible.

Ok I will try it out here. Shouldn't matter that I have a UC520 and customer has a UC540 right?

and I'm willing to do the testing as long as no one KNOWS for sure that 1) caller id with name won't pass down thru either voice hunt groups or ephone hunt groups, 2) CUE will drop calls with that many redirects and 3) GPickUp will explode

if anyone knows those to be true, I don't wanna waste my time.

Thx,

Stacy

What I would test first if that CUE will pass the Calling Name along.  A UC540 or 520 shouldn't make a difference here.

Can you get a debug ccsip messages for this call?

Thanks