cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is there a hunt group type for this?

pennautomotive
Level 1
Level 1

Hey guys, I have a unique situation and being new to the UC500 series I am wondering what is the best way to do this. I am looking to have an incoming call route to one extension and then add another,another, another, etc. Is there way to set up a building hunt group so to speak where it rings one extension and then keeps adding more and more until hopefully someone picks up. Here is some code I have already that doesn't work. It sort of illustrates the principle.

voice hunt-group 2 sequential
final 5006
list 2012,5007,5008,5009,5010
timeout 16
pilot 5003
!
!
voice hunt-group 3 parallel
final 5006
list 2007,2012
timeout 16
pilot 5007
!
!
voice hunt-group 4 parallel
final 5006
list 2007,2012,2013
timeout 16
pilot 5008
!
!
voice hunt-group 5 parallel
final 5006
list 2006,2007,2010,2013
timeout 16
pilot 5009
!
!
voice hunt-group 6 parallel
final 5006
list 2006,2007,2011,20012,2013
timeout 16
pilot 5010
!

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

mcasimirc63
Level 4
Level 4

I would do this using CCA since you are using a UC500.  The pilot number initiates the type of hunt group you selected. Its the extension used to reach the hunt group. The members are the participants in the hunt group.  The timeout determines how long the caller will be in the loop before the call is transferred elsewhere.  CCA is very intuitive so it shouldn't take you very long at all.  BTW download CCA 3.0 from here https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-14424

Good luck

View solution in original post

Yes, what you are trying to do can be done...  IN CCA, and cli, and I do understand your point.  But the new version of CCA (3.0) has come a long way, and does address a lot of the issues we have seen in the past..  Anyway, your current config would be a problem.  After the timeout of the first parrallel hunt group, your call is going to go to the GDM instead of the next blast group.  You need to point the final of one hunt group, to the next hunt group.

I would also lower the timeouts, a caller would have to wait for 80 seconds before going to voicemail...  That is up to you though.

Again, I would suggest using CCA.  If you have not used CCA 3.0, I would suggest downloading it, and testing it out.  Many new features and fixes.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

mcasimirc63
Level 4
Level 4

I would do this using CCA since you are using a UC500.  The pilot number initiates the type of hunt group you selected. Its the extension used to reach the hunt group. The members are the participants in the hunt group.  The timeout determines how long the caller will be in the loop before the call is transferred elsewhere.  CCA is very intuitive so it shouldn't take you very long at all.  BTW download CCA 3.0 from here https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-14424

Good luck

I know how to configure this using the CCA. It just often doesn't get the job done and gets in the way more than it helps. My question is would this rolling hunt group idea work?

It would not work because there is no hunt group where the pilot number is 5006.

5006 is a GDM

The UC500 series was designed to be configured with CCA since it's targeted for small businesses. It is not an ISR and really shouldn't be treated as such.  You can enter code via CLI but if CCA doesn't recognize the code, it might crash, which means your only option might be CLI.  I'm a CLI guy, but not with the UC500 because its not a true ISR.  So yes your CLI could work but I wouldn't recommend it if you use CCA for other things.

There are some things I use the CCA for. However, areas in the CLI that I know the CCA doesn't support I won't go near it. I have to say the CCA is far far far far from perfect. The CLI will always remain supirior. The CCA in its current form is nothing more than a smoke screen to real production. The fact of the matter is while this product is for SMB the business themselves aren't making the initial configuration. Hopefully someone with some compedience is. May the devices be used for all that they can support, otherwise don't put it there.Take the CLI away and the device could do nothing. Take away the CCA you have yourself a working device.

Regardless, I came here to ask someone if they have a suggestion on how to accomplish what I'm looking to do, not engage in a CLI vs CCA debate because we know who wins.

Yes, what you are trying to do can be done...  IN CCA, and cli, and I do understand your point.  But the new version of CCA (3.0) has come a long way, and does address a lot of the issues we have seen in the past..  Anyway, your current config would be a problem.  After the timeout of the first parrallel hunt group, your call is going to go to the GDM instead of the next blast group.  You need to point the final of one hunt group, to the next hunt group.

I would also lower the timeouts, a caller would have to wait for 80 seconds before going to voicemail...  That is up to you though.

Again, I would suggest using CCA.  If you have not used CCA 3.0, I would suggest downloading it, and testing it out.  Many new features and fixes.

Thanks for the suggestions I will try it out. I have had the newest CCA for months now since it was in beta.

Sent from my iPhone