cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is there an option In cue to enable redial without dial edit ?

Reprovoid
Level 1
Level 1

Hi.

I've Installed a UC540w with spa504g phones In a small office.An extension Is used for outgoing calls as per usual.The customers want to press redial directly for missed calls but they have to Instead press redial followed by edit dial to add the extension number for outgoing calls.

I can't seem to find any settings on the phone to fix this.Is there any configuration I can change through CCA or via the CLI to allow direct redial ?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Davidwagman1
Level 7
Level 7

Create a translation rule to add your outgoing prefix to incoming calls, ie

voice translation-rule 5

rule 1 /\(..........\)/ /91\1/

voice translation-profile 1

translate calling 5

in dial peers or voice ports:

translation-profile incoming 1

This uses 9 as the outgoing prefix. It takes ph # like 5551113333and converts it to 915551113333 for outgoing calls. You may need to modify this to fit your needs/carrier. This example also assumes US ph #. Please let me know if you are overseas, or if you can modify the translation rule to fit your local dial plan.

Best,

David

Please rate helful posts.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Davidwagman1
Level 7
Level 7

Create a translation rule to add your outgoing prefix to incoming calls, ie

voice translation-rule 5

rule 1 /\(..........\)/ /91\1/

voice translation-profile 1

translate calling 5

in dial peers or voice ports:

translation-profile incoming 1

This uses 9 as the outgoing prefix. It takes ph # like 5551113333and converts it to 915551113333 for outgoing calls. You may need to modify this to fit your needs/carrier. This example also assumes US ph #. Please let me know if you are overseas, or if you can modify the translation rule to fit your local dial plan.

Best,

David

Please rate helful posts.

Thank you!