Views
Helpful
Replies

Making DND softkey of SPA9xx work with Asterisk to create appropriate hint

janpaulini
Level 1
Level 1

hello,

i am wondering if there is a way to have the DND softkey enabled but instead of the phone handling DND send the desired feature code to the asterisk server to be able to see the DND status on a BLF of a SPA962 for example ? if i enable DND on the phone it does not communicate the DND status to the asterisk server and asterisk can not create the appropriate 'hint' to make the BLF show busy for that particular extension.

if it does not work with any of the SPA9xx is there a way with the SPA5xx series phones ?

Regards

Jan

19 Replies 19

Firstly let me say thanks to Cisco for recognising the customer feedback and agreeing to work on it.

I have two concerns:

1. The proposal is to use a PSK to perform this function. I am puzzled by this since there is already a DND key available. Why duplicate it? Surely it would be more sensible to use the existing DND to (optionally) send the feature code to the server to advise DND on or off. That way if a user did nothing there would be no change. However if the user allocated a feature code on and feature code off in the phone configuration then when the DND button was toggled it would also send the feature code to the server. Indeed I would argue this should also be made available for the CFWD options.

2. The proposal does not indicate that there is a way to update the phone remotely. For example if the DND is set server side through some other mechanism, there should be a way to update the phone so the user can see that DND is set. This could be done through an OPTIONS message using a similar method to a MWI. This should also apply to CFWD.

I would appreciate your thoughts.

1) It would make sense to update the existing DND key to be in sync with the iPBX, but the advantage of a generic 'toggable' PSK is that it can be used for other purposes like toggling day/night, or logging into queues

2) that would be a great addition indeed, although I wouldn't know how this could be done based on feature codes transported by SIP. maybe SIP option...

Is there a way to send to the phone the order for ?

Yes

is posible you could set the DND one way or the other.

Solution:

curl http:///bcisco.csc -d "9133=1"     dnd on

curl http:///bcisco.csc -d "9133=0"   dnd off

this is for 7.4.9

if not sure look into the html and look for this:

DND Setting:    

in 7.5.1 is diferent..

jamiehhlireland
Level 1
Level 1

Is this ever going to be fixed?

Hi Guys I think I answered this elsewhere:

Hi All

One way to achieve this works fine (I think):

1)     In Regional Tab note down the DND Act Code and DND Deact Code (ie *09 for act and *10 for deact)

2)     In Regional Tab Enter the Virtacal Service Announcement Code section

* Service Annc Base Number as the prefix to dial (on your PBX)   

* In Service Annc Extension Code add DDT:x;DDT:y where x and y are the suffixes appended to the prefix you dial to enable and disable DND on the server,  IE use something like 9998 for the prefix and 1 and 2 for the suffix, so 99981 enables DND and 99982 disables DND.

3)     Now for some reason Cisco don't send these codes when you press the generic dnd/-dnd Softkeys so you need to remove these and program your own to replace them.   Luckily as of firmwere 7.5.3 cisco support dual states on psk's so you can have a + and - version of the same key:

4)     Phone tab.

Programable softkeys enable = yes

PSK 1:     fnc=sd;ext=*09;nme=DND;ext2=*10; nme2=-DND

(note the *09 and *10 are from the regional tab on the DND Act and DND Deact code)

Under the Idle key list find the dnd|8 and replace it with psk1|8  to get rid of the generic internal dnd softkey.

save and reboot.

Now you still have DND on your idle soft keys, press it, your phone should both set DND, change the soft key to "-DND" and add "Do Not Disturb" across the screen panel.  Most importantly the phone will now auto dial 99981@$proxy and the switch now knows the DND state.  Press the  -DND softkey and the phone will disable DND locally and also dial the switch telling it dnd is now off.

I'm 99% this is what people have been asking for? Essentially local dnd support with server notification not having to dial the crazy *codes to make it all work?

Cheers

Mark