cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Odd Voicemail Behavior on UC540

jcp408CONT
Level 1
Level 1

This is in regards to a UC540 running CME 8.0 + CUE 7.1(3) on IOS uc500-advipservicesk9-mz.150-1.XA2 cira April 2010.

30 phones and 19 voicemail boxes.

PRI PSTN.

Two sets of symptoms:

1. In batches for certain voicemail boxes the messages being left consist of the voicemail personal greeting for that mailbox plus dead air instead of the actual message left.
  2. Some voicemails are duplicated and left twice with identical timestamps .

System has been installed for over a year. Issue only started showing up about 90 days ago. If we reboot the problem goes away for about 7-10 days but always returns.

Configuration review by multiple engineers does not show any configuration issues.

Customer does not have SBS Pro Support contract so posting here instead.

Have not found any reference to like kind symptoms in the SBCS support community or bug toolkit for CUE.

Considering upgrading to UC540 8.0(5) as last ditch attempt at a fix but want to have some solid background information to justify the downtime for the upgrade.

Thanks,

Jon

3 Replies 3

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Jon,

Probably not the answer you want, but here it is

Upgrade your UC to the latest Software Pack, Version 8.1

The version you are on has the older CUE revision, and from my experience this revision had some funky issues, many of them could not be explained to save our lives

Do the upgrade and you might find the issues mysteriously just vanish.

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

David,

I agree.  I was always leery of CME 8.0 and CUE 7.1 mix. 

In the meantime I was able to track down correlative symptoms which may be related.

This CUE is only licensed for 6 ports.  When the problem occurred again I found two of the ports "stuck" on calls for over an hour.  In real time reporting the Active Contacts hit the 6 call limit several times. 

The source of the "stuck" calls could be a mixture of the auto-attendant aef script not being fully to spec and CUE 7.1 mis-behaving together.   I've seen similar in Contact Center Express before.

Unfortunately there's no way to kill the stuck calls from CUE.  I have to drop the PRI to terminate them.

I'll update this thread with whatever I find out.

Thanks,

Jon

Hi Jon,

Just looked through my notes on CUE version 7.0.1 and version 7.1

I have this issue listed in my personal notes as a common problem, and the only way to release these locked sessions was to use the CLI and clear the service-module or do a soft restart of the CUE.

I would strongly urge you to upgrade to the latest CUE, I am 100% confident the problem will be removed from the equation, and given the version you are running the upgrade procedure should not be a problem with retaining the information there, but make sure you clear any residing VM message just to be sure.

Let us know how you go in the long run as it would be good to get an update from you

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *