Views
Helpful
Replies

pap2t not receiving calls

pap2tnotwork
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a SIP provider that my pap2t is registering to and can originate outgoing calls just fine.  I have a DID from the same provider that inbound routes to any SIP registered device or software.  The pap2t never rings nor when I pick up the phone the call does not connect while ringing the DID number.  I just get a dial tone.  The configuration uses SIP port 5060 and set the register expires every 60 seconds and Ans Call without reg is set to no.   Setting

Ans Call without reg is set to yes does not change the pbehavior.  The pap2t is behind a NAT box and firewall. 

If I register counterpath eyebeam to my SIP provider I am able to ring and receive calls from my DID just fine.  The laptop that eyebeam is installed is behind the smae NAT box and firewall that the pap2t is behind.

How do I fix this issue with my pap2t?  What parts of the configuration should I change?

Cheers,

Noah

2 Replies 2

nseto
Level 6
Level 6

It sounds like the incoming call isn't reaching the unit.  To verify this, run a debug log when making the call to see if the Invite message is actually reaching the unit, instructions for debug log is at the following link

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-9862

terryip83
Level 1
Level 1

That certainly smells like a firewall is blocking inbound calls. It might be worth checking your router/firewall logs to confirm whether or not this may be the case.