cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Potential Bug Found in Outgoing Dial Plan with CCA (Australia Specific)

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi All,

This is mainly for Australian Engineers, and a bug report will be logged with SBS when I get a chance to get of the phone and log the issue with them.

The Bug:

CCA (Latest build) creates two Emergency dial-peers, as listed below

dial-peer voice 58 pots
trunkgroup ALL_FXO
corlist outgoing call-emergency
description **CCA*Australia*Emergency Services**
preference 5
destination-pattern 0000
forward-digits all
no sip-register

And

dial-peer voice 59 pots
trunkgroup ALL_FXO
corlist outgoing call-emergency
description **CCA*Australia*Emergency Services**
preference 5
destination-pattern 000
forward-digits all
no sip-register

The Issue:

When attempting to make international calls using the following string "0" <outside line> 0011 <International Dial Code> Number <Full FNN> the system will not dial the number as completed and immedaitly dials the Emergency 000 number, the system does not allow for the rest of the numbers to be matched.

Workaround:

Since CCA does not display dial-peer 59 in its outgoing dial-plan (It only shows dial-peer 58) you have to manually modify it or remove it (I recommend just modifying it at this stage) to have "0000" zeros so that it matches dial-peer 58, this will allow for international calls to be placed and so far it has shown that CCA does not go into fits about it.

This is a reoccuring issue, it was resolved in release 2.1 and it appears it has made it back into branch 3.X

NOTE: At present I am not aware of any Australian laws that mandate the system must allow for direct emergency number calling (Without the steering digit), this means you have to ensure all staff are educated that to dial "000" they would need to first capture an outside line to process it. Upon looking at other competing products they themselves also require you to capture an outside line first before dialing the number so it is an assumption on my part that there is no legal requirement for straight through dialing... However happy to stand corrected on this one if someone knows otherwise.

WARNING: Removal of the dial-peer did cause an issue so I reitterate just modify it, the issue might have been a coincidence on this particular system (Will verify it on the lab system), but just be safe than sorry.

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *
2 Replies 2

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

[UPDATE]

Looks like I found another bug.. the SBS Support center

I am now onto my 6th attempt to get through to them, once I get through the very lengthy AA/IVR I hear ring tones and then a disconnect, or dead air and then a hang up, or your typical VoIP line noise chatter and then hang up.

It is woeful voice quality I can barley understand the AA/IVR, and there is no comfort music whilst you are waiting to be put through... (Using Telstra ISDN line calling a local Cisco toll free number)

As luck would have it got through on my 7th attempt and their systems were down <<<< Three stages of emotions FYI...

After a long battling week the last thing you really want to have to deal with is more problems, I SWEAR I am being driving to the bottle

Anyway gave the SBS rep the link to this post so he can log the case into the system when it decides to come back alive again...... Now I really cant wait for this day to be over and I will be whistling all the way into the weekend \o/

Cheers,

David.

[Update 2]

Ivan from SBS support is a champion, their systems come back to life and he opened up a case for it and it will be escalated to engineer...

SR 617664299

WOAH!!! Just realised I am blogging

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

[UPDATE]

Hi All,

Just a quick Update... Manoj (From SBS) worked this up in the lab and encountered the same problem, through further investigations it was discovered it is the same issue as this previous bug "CSCsv18715"

Hopefully the next installment of CCA resolves this bug once more... ***Looks for the bug spray***

Cheers,

David.