Views
Helpful
Replies

UC540 ISDN insert 0

Target_Telecom
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

Incoming calls show numbers missing the 0 as presented by the telco. We would like to insert the 0 so directories etc can be used.

Can this using the CCA or does it have to be done via CLI

Help appreciated as we are finding it difficult to find a definitive answer

5 Replies 5

Ran into the same problem recently.  This will most likely have to be done with CLI. Can you please post your config and describe a sample call-flow so I can get you pointed in the right direction? Sounds like you are outside of the US so any info you can provide about your local dial plan will help.

Thanks,

Cole

Hi Cole

Thanks for your assistance. If I'm understanding you correctly then the inbound call flow comes via direct dials, auto attendant or huntgroups. Users see the correct number being presented but without the leading 0 at the start of the number and therefore when the try to dial for instance a missed or received call it fails.

For example 078101234567 looks like 78101234567

UK numbers 99% of the time are 11 digits long with few 10 digit numbers.

They start with

07 for mobiles

01 and 02 for local and national

08 for what we call non geo numbers

Please find attached a running configuration, I hope I have understood your questions correctly and thanks again.

Russ

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Target Telecom,

You will need a translation rule for this, we need to find a way to convince the design team to include this in the next CCA build, it is a very important function and should have been there a long time ago.

The following is an example and would have to be modified for your own country, this one is based on an Australian dial-plan covering all states and mobile (Cell Phone) networks.

voice translation-rule 2
rule 1 /^4/ /004/
rule 2 /^7/ /007/
rule 3 /^3/ /0073/
rule 4 /^02/ /002/
rule 5 /^08/ /008/
rule 6 /^03/ /003/
rule 7 /^2/ /002/
rule 8 /^8/ /008/

You would then need to modify or add it to your voice translation-profile

voice translation-profile INCOMING_DID
translate calling 2

Now I must disclaimer the above

1. This will most likely cause CCA to have heart failure, although I have not tried it yet on a CCA built system (Too scared LOL) the feelings I am getting in my bones tells me CCA will be not all too happy with this addition
  2. SBS will most likely not support it, and potentially could take you out of SBS scope

So I suggest you contact SBS and see if they can help you out with implementing this via CLI as they would most likely have a CCA approved config for this. Next we need to petition the design team to put this in the next release of CCA, it is almost a given that this should be in there, it should be adding in the line out number (Steering Digit) to any incoming calls so a end user can call back a missed call, right now to do it you must edit the number and add the steering number in manually.

Good Luck

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

Just wanted to add to what David posted. I made a similar change recently to a UC540 with translation rules.  When I made these changes I already had the dial plan configuration totally completed. Since then I haven't had CCA squawk at me for making unsupported CLI changes (keeping my fingers crossed). If you need to make these changes, just make sure you thoroughly document them so that if you need to revert back to a supported configuration, you will be able to do so easily.

And yes, Cisco, please give us more control over translation rules in CCA.

Cole

Hi Cole,

Good advice

Although I would point out that, I would be completely surprised if SBS did not have a supported CLI config for this, the way I presented it above is old school if I am not mistaken, plus when it comes to Cisco there is more than one way to poke a cat (Never skinned one so I don't know about that one)....

I would highly recommend to check with SBS first, if no Joy with that then you should gladly proceed down the lonely dark road of funky CLI programming

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *