cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Print SPA303 menu?

RICKJAME5
Level 1
Level 1

Can anyone tell me if its possible to print all of the content within the Cisco SPA303 menu?

Anytime I try to print it cant all fit on the page, even if i print horizontal or scale it..

2 Replies 2

Patrick Born
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Rick,

Can you be more specific about what menu you're trying to print?

You can "screen-scrape" the phone's display like this: https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-12722

You can also use your browser to print the phone's web-UI

You can use a screen capture utility such as the one built into Windows 7, or by using a utility such as SnagIt by Tech Smith to capture specific parts of the web-UI for printing.

Regards,

Patrick

----------

That screen scrape is pretty handy....

I was trying to print the webgui but unfortunately it wont print properly to my printer or when printing to PDF when the page is set to horizontal, and 100% scaling is switched on. It just prints the left side and doesn't even print the section below, the part that I would normally have to scroll down to view.

The windows snippit tool is useful but again it wont get the full listing on each page under, unless you are using some super high resolution screen, I'm only using 1080i, which doesn't cut it!

Oh well....  thanks for your input though Pat, much appreciated.

UPDATE!!  I found a simple but useful solution, well useful to me anyway lol..

- Open you phones web gui In Microsoft Internet Explorer (Not Firefox, it wont copy or past the drop down boxes or text within them with firefox)

- Open up new document in Microsoft Word and use the page layout option and flip your new word document horizontally

- Then basically highlight the text in the main body area; but do this by scrolling to the bottom of the text at the bottom right hand corner and drag the highlight all the way from the last bit of text at the bottom right all the way to the first bit of text at the top left hand corner.

Then copy and paste that in your new word document and it actually pastes everything from the phone, including drop down windows and the content within them, then just save that file call and call each page by the header tabs titles.. Job done!  It actually came out pretty neat and I can print them too which is handy.

Back to basics..