cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem registering SPA302 handsets at ATA SPA232 adapter

dominic
Level 1
Level 1

I purchase two used SPA302D handsets. I tried to directly register these phones at the Fritz!Box 7490 in Germany. I did not work. I then thought maybe I Need the ATA SPA232D Adapter as DECT base. Thus I purchase a SPA232D. It came with Firmware Version 1.4.1 which I believe is the latest one. I then connected to my computer and wanted to configure the base. This works fine. I then tried to register the handsets at the base and that's where I fail. The two handsets use Software Version 2.49. I then thought maybe the SPA232 has a higher firmware version that is not compatible with the phones. I then downgraded step by step up to 1.3.2(n). Each time I had lowe Version of the firmware I tried to register the handsets. Unfortunately this did not help. When I try to downgrade to version 1.3.2(XU) or lower the SPA232 tells me everytime that the software update has failed and will keep using the existing firmware.

Has anyone had the same Problem? Can somebody give me some advice what I should to in order to register the handsets to the base.

Any help with this is greatly appreciated.

7 Replies 7

Dan Lukes
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

It's not as easy. You forget to read release notes.

There are three hardware versions of SPA232D. So old firmware knows no new hardware, so it can't be used. It's why you can't downgrade to 1.3.2.

The firmware version of SPA302D must exactly match the version required by SPA232D to work correctly.

2.49 is related to 1.3.2(013) which is no longer available (moreover it may not be compatible with hardware you have).

Upgrade SPA232D to 1.4.1. Do it twice (just to be sure - there has been known bug CSCug32425 that can be solved by double update).

Reset both SPA232D as well as SPA302D to factory default.

Register SPA302D.

Once registered, upgrade SPA302D to firmware version offered by SPA232D (it should be 2.82).

Thank you very much for your help and instructions.

I have done as you suggested. I have upgraded the Firmware of the SPA232D to 1.4.1.(002_282) two times. Then I have set the SPA232D and both SPA302D to factory Default.

On the handset SPA302D I have done the following: SETTINGS -> HANDSET REGISTRATION -> REGISTER. Then I have not entered a PIN and selected CONFIRM. I have then pressed for 7 seconds the button on the SPA232 so that green button starts quickly blinking. Then it reads "Registering" in the Display but the handsets don't register.

Any idea what I have done wrong or what else I could try?

While I have one SPA232D in my test lab. I don't have it here. And I don't remember exact register procedure.But your description seems to follow SPA302D Registration Process with SPA232D on SPA302D Phone and it should work.

Well, I have just the following advice now - turn on syslog&debug of Voice Application on SPA232D. It may disclose the reason.

Related: Debug and syslog Messages from SPA1x2 and SPA232D ATA

Thanks for your advice. I will try the syslog&debug and get back to you. Thanks for all your help with this.

Thank you so much for all your help. I purchased the handsets in the US and base in the U.K.. That may be the reasons why the handsets don't work with the base. I'm currently not at home. I will check once I'm back.

Did you ever get the 302D's to refister to the Fritzbox?