Helpful
Replies

Problem with AA configuration - recorded prompts are not played

cisco43ftrd
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have to configure auto attendants to accomplish the following:

During business hours a recorded prompt greets the customer and directly transfers to a call blast group.

During closed hours, a different recorded prompt greets the caller, informs about business hours and then directly transfers to voicemail.

The same attendants with different prompts have to be configured another time as the UC is being used for two companies, with different night services that are toggled manually.

I tried configuring this with CCA using 4 different Auto Attendants and choosing the appropriate recording from the "Menu Prompt" drop down list.

I configured the appropriate extension (blast group/voicemail) for "No option transfer to".

Anyway this configuration does not seem to work. When I call the AA extensions I still get the basic "AAWelcome.wav" prompt played, not the one I configured (the call is also not forwarded when no option is chosen).

I've selected the "aa-sbcs_v04.aef" script, as this seems to be the only predefined script that allows alternate greeting prompts.

Do I miss any part of the AA configuration?

Please let me know if you have any tips for me how to accomplish the required features.

Kind Regards,

Rainhard

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

janickle
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Rainhard,

You’re on the right track with your configuration.  Because you want to use the manual option of turning on and off the night service you will need to use 4 separate AA’s (auto attendant).  First set up your 4 AA’s with your pre-recorded prompts on each section.  When I set this up in the lab I used the “aa_sbcs_v04.aef” for each auto attendant.  For my example I will set my open AA’s to 350 and 351.  My closed AA’s will be 360 and 361.

In addition to the 4 AA’s you will need to configure 4 separate floating extensions in order to have both the voice mail for the closed schedules and the ability to forward the AA via the night service.

The first 2 floating extensions should be configured with the incoming dial plan hitting the floating extension and then sent to the daytime AA via a call forward all rule.  Do this for both of the business.  My daytime floating extensions are 330 and 331.  So in this example I set the call forward for 330 to 350 and the call forward for 331 to 351.

The last 2 floating extensions are going to be configured as mailboxes so that we can forward the nighttime AA to a voicemail box.  Again setup the call forward all rule and point it to the voicemail (399).  My nighttime floating extensions are 320 and 321.

Next back in the auto attendant I set the “Maximum Menu Prompt Attempts” to 1 and the “No Option Transfer” to a blast group for the daytime AA (such as 511).  For the closed AA’s  the “No Option Transfer” should be sent to the floating extension for the closed AA configured with a voicemail being 320 or 321 respectively.

Finally after the AA is configured the last thing we need to do is setup the night service.  Select our original daytime floating extensions from the drop down box (330 and 331) and set the answer type to “call forward night service”.  The “Forward to Number” should be set to the closed extension of the AA (360 and 361).  Lastly include a phone that will be able to manually activate the night service.    

This should solve the call flow issues you are seeing.  If you are having issues with the AA prompts themselves not playing double check your configuration in the AA and try recording your prompts using the prompt manager.

Thank you,

Jason Nickle

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

janickle
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Rainhard,

You’re on the right track with your configuration.  Because you want to use the manual option of turning on and off the night service you will need to use 4 separate AA’s (auto attendant).  First set up your 4 AA’s with your pre-recorded prompts on each section.  When I set this up in the lab I used the “aa_sbcs_v04.aef” for each auto attendant.  For my example I will set my open AA’s to 350 and 351.  My closed AA’s will be 360 and 361.

In addition to the 4 AA’s you will need to configure 4 separate floating extensions in order to have both the voice mail for the closed schedules and the ability to forward the AA via the night service.

The first 2 floating extensions should be configured with the incoming dial plan hitting the floating extension and then sent to the daytime AA via a call forward all rule.  Do this for both of the business.  My daytime floating extensions are 330 and 331.  So in this example I set the call forward for 330 to 350 and the call forward for 331 to 351.

The last 2 floating extensions are going to be configured as mailboxes so that we can forward the nighttime AA to a voicemail box.  Again setup the call forward all rule and point it to the voicemail (399).  My nighttime floating extensions are 320 and 321.

Next back in the auto attendant I set the “Maximum Menu Prompt Attempts” to 1 and the “No Option Transfer” to a blast group for the daytime AA (such as 511).  For the closed AA’s  the “No Option Transfer” should be sent to the floating extension for the closed AA configured with a voicemail being 320 or 321 respectively.

Finally after the AA is configured the last thing we need to do is setup the night service.  Select our original daytime floating extensions from the drop down box (330 and 331) and set the answer type to “call forward night service”.  The “Forward to Number” should be set to the closed extension of the AA (360 and 361).  Lastly include a phone that will be able to manually activate the night service.    

This should solve the call flow issues you are seeing.  If you are having issues with the AA prompts themselves not playing double check your configuration in the AA and try recording your prompts using the prompt manager.

Thank you,

Jason Nickle

Hi Jason,

Thank you for your detailled reply! You basically described the exact way how I've already solved the problem on my own.

I'm now using two floating extensions that redirect incoming calls on the companies' PSTN numbers to the respective AAs depening on the current state of the night services.

I realised the two seperate night services with a script that logs onto the UC via SSH and configures the floating extensions with "call-forward all XX" where XX is the companie's day/night AA.

While night-service is active, the AAs redirect to another floating extension which redirects the call directly into its' mailbox.

The problem I had with the prompts not playing was caused by wrong information displayed by the CCA. The script "aa_sbcs_v04.aef" was not present in the UC flash, neither on the CUE module. Though the CCA offered the script as available for configuration. I acquired the CUE Script Editor via Tech Support and wrote my own AA script which worked perfectly.

Best Regards,

Rainhard