cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Remote access to voicemail

simontownshend
Level 1
Level 1

I have a couple of users working offsite; is there a way they can dial in and access their voicemail? I cannot find anything about this in the user or admin documentation. Thanks.

4 Replies 4

Sven Ravenstein
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Simon,

on Cisco Unity system in user setings you can define an alternate extension (normally a mobile number).

So the user can direktly call the voicemail number (from mobile) and will be authenticated with the mobile number and get access to the mailbox.

Regards,

Sven

Hello Sven,

Thanks. I am not sure I follow. I have the Cisco Configuration Assistant software. - Users and Phones - Edit Phones. There I can change Call Forward Busy/No Answer to a mobile number. This is certainly a solution in that all calls end up going to his cell phone. But can he dial into the office and access voicemail left on his office phone?

Thanks,

Simon

Yes, you can assign an external number to voicemail so that when user calls the number unity express answers then user is prompted to enter their extension and pin and away they go. This of course would require a dedicated number, and if using fxo it may not make sense.

I assume that your customer doesn't have auto-attendant answering all calls? If so they could dial by extension to unity express.

Another option could be setting those users notification to have unity express dial their cell phone when voicemail is received.

Another option would be to simply email voicemail to users assuming they have email capable phone. This would be simple imap account which would sync with unity express so that when voicemail is marked read MWI is turned off, for example.

Hope this helps!

_dschlicht

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Hello Simon,

yes they can access their mailbox, but when you divert to the mobile number nobody will leave a message on the phone mailbox ;-(

Regards,

Sven