cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

S.O.S PhoneInRecoveryMode SPA509G

j0h
Level 1
Level 1

good morning I have a  phone new  SPA509G ,  with factory settings, turning on this message appeared on the LCD screen that leaves SOS PhoneInRecoveryMode completely inactive on the phone, I need help to solve this case.

thank you all.

7 Replies 7

Dan Lukes
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You have phone with no firmware. Download latest firmware for it from Cisco website (currently 7.5.5 available here, then use ...-recovery.exe binary to bootstrap firmware into phone. Both phone and PC running recovery utility needs to be on the same LAN or utility will not found the phone.

Mark thread as "answered" if it solve your problem.

Thanks Dan Lukes

But the problem is we do not know the IP address of the SPA509G IP phone, and I can not use the phone keys to averigurlo.

You can't know the IP address as device with no firmware has no IP address.

Fortunatelly, you need not to know the IP address of device in question as -recovery.exe firmware loader is not asking for it. It's asking for

1. serial number of broken device

2. YOUR's ip address (not the address of the broken device)

Thanks Dan Lukes

Hare the necessary tests.

Thank you.

Good day, ladies and gentlemen!

On the Cisco SPA502G boot lights inscription: "SOS PhoneInRecoveryMode". Uploaded by utility-recovery.exe, introduced a serial number. The utility has successfully found a phone, click Recovery, thick progress bar does not change as thin as when flashing, the phone at the same time nothing happens.

The phone is connected to the PC direct cable. In what could be the problem?

Do you have "link" on ethernet ?

If not - do you have correct type of cable (e.g. crossover unless MDI-X supported) ? Did you connected it to proper plug on phone (line, not PC) ?

If yes, can you see bidirectional data flow between your PC and phone ? Use wireshark

Installing and Using Wireshark for Capturing Network Traffic

to catch packets. Firewall may block the communication.

As latest - your phone may be broken and no software recovery may be possible. Then call the seller for replacement.

Good day, ladies and gentlemen!

Yes, I have the correct cable link from the port SW phone Cisco SPA502G to the Ethernet port of my laptop goes into a successful Up. Traffic is bidirectional.

On your advice with wireshark we found out that he persistently asked the files *. Bin from the address 192.168.1.1 (it was actually the 12th address, and default gateway as was the 1st). Once registered themselves 192.168.1.1 as the alias, then the firmware 7.4.4 it has successfully loaded.

Thank you for your help.

P.S.: A write later, because Your only saw when looking for information on another matter. On the e-mail notification of replies to the topic has been received! :-(