Views
Helpful
Replies

SCC advanced client IE number recognition problem

sossie
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I have installed a trial of the SCC server and advanced client. I have a couple of questions on this.

1, I have an issue with "detect and highlight phones numbers in web pages" tool.

It picks up some numbers but not many of them, especially the ones I want to dial. Even on the Cisco.com support contacts page it only gets about three quarters.

Is there any way to tweak this so its more intelligent to make it usable?

2, On other non-cisco phone systesm I have used in the past you could simply highlight any bit of text/numbers, hit configurable hotkey(s) on the kbd, and it would dial. This was teriffic as it worked in any app. Is it possible to do this on SCC advanced client?

Cheers, Simon

2 Replies 2

Steven DiStefano
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Have you clicked the 'highlighter tool' on IE?

That should make all numbers which match your dialplan, dialable (what dialplan is it?).

There is also a highlight (manual via mouse), and then I think a CTRL key + right mouse, or something similar function to dial it.

I'd have the check the users guide to remember it.

Message was edited by: Steven DiStefano

Hi Steven

Yes have clicked the highligher tool. And as mentioned some numbers highlight but others don't.

I am using a New Zealand dialplan and it works fine to make calls etc.

But for example a number like this will not hightlight in IE: (03) 933 4444

I don't know if its because of the () around the area code or what the problem is.

Re hightlight (select) you select the text then click the callconnector to dial. There is no option to select and then use a hot key to dial that I can find in the manual (the select and click is ok though now I'm used to it)

Simon.